CraigsList Javas

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by racuda, Jun 1, 2011.

1. racuda

racuda Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
  2. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    This is in North Carolina right? Pretty male, I wonder what the peahen looks like.

3. racuda

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    Yes, near the center of NC. I haven't seen pics of the peahen. He also told me he has a Spalding male for $100.

4. AquaEyes

AquaEyes Chillin' With My Peeps

To my admittedly novice eye, that looks like a spalding, not a pure java. It could be just a result of the photography, but javas are supposed to have very distinct yellow face markings, and the bird in that pic has sort of washed-out yellow. Also, the scaling on the neck isn't very distinct. Then again, truly pure representatives of any of the green subspecies are rare in this country. What does Deerman have to say about this?

[​IMG]

5. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Maybe the yellow didn't show up well in the pic......but need Doug fron D&M farms knowledge here, not that sharp on pure Java , but looks pure to me....

6. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

delete

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  7. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    Maybe the peacock is so mean you can't go in the pen with it to clean up! Lol just kidding![​IMG]

8. DMFarm

DMFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Winona Tx
    It could be the picture not showing the yellow and blue on the face but the scales on the neck don't look right to me. I'am not saying they are not but before I pay that much money I would find out who he got the bird from. There is a breeder in N.C. that has some of Rodney Michael breeders when he sold out years ago if the bird came from him he would have dna papers on it. There is only a few breeder in the US that I would buy java from that I know they have good quality birds you will find some that will say they are Rodney birds to get a few more dollars. Here is a picture of my Rodney Michael birds that I know are Rodneys bloodline

[​IMG]

9. little blue

little blue Chillin' with my Orps

Jul 11, 2010
    Mansfield, CT
    Quote:i think i need to talk my dad into building a heated barn so i can get some java's like yours soooooooooooooooooo pretty [​IMG]

10. racuda

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:i think i need to talk my dad into building a heated barn so i can get some java's like yours soooooooooooooooooo pretty [​IMG]

Speaking of a heated barn, the seller said that his birds have no heat. He lives near me and it gets down to 15 degrees once or twice in the winter, so I guess Javas are OK with that?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by