Craigslist rant

Quote:
Yep, this.

I had it under "video gaming" where all the other gaming items are listed.

Weird, the ad is still showing up if I click on it from the email message Craigslist sent, but if I do a search for it I can't find it.
hmm.png

IF you have an account, you should be able to log in to check the status of your ad. It will be highlighted and color coded. Pink I think is for flagged ads. If you do not have an account, you may want to create one so that you can check on ads without having to search. You can also easily renew an ad and it is free.

eBay uses the flagging system as well. I recently had an auction flagged for trademark "infringement". It was 30 year old china knock-off of a Hagen-Renaker and I did not even use the Hagen-Renaker name. The only problem I have with Craigslist is the tirekickers. I had one guy waste my afternoon because the set of wheelie bars I had for sale did not have the parts he needed to mount it on his car. NONE of them have that part built in and he could see from the photo it did not have it. It was not until after we talked cars for an hour that I figured out that he was not going to buy them. He just glanced at his cell phone and told me had to be somewhere in a hurry. "See ya"...and he drove off.

Ok so I posted to CL and got a reply. "Hey are you there stil!?" The address is "hotmail". When responses are not worded correctly I do not reply. I've had responses, "why are you selling this so cheap?" and "Do you still have this?" When the posting is for chicks or birds these responses of "this" is a dead give away that these are phishers. Never respond to these ever! Just delete them and move on.

I am trying to find a renter for a small house I used to live in on Craig's list. It seems like this month the scam e-mails I get are out of control. It wasn't this bad a year ago. I have "Doctors" responding to my "advert" that are moving here from London on a daily basis with their families, I just have to e-mail them the "particulars" and they are going to move in a few weeks from now, sight unseen. I've never quite figured out what the hook is with this scam. If I respond, maybe they would ask for a bank account number to "wire the deposite and rent money" to? I don't know, but at least they are easy to spot. It's definately getting worse, but on the other hand I have found a few great tennants on CL in the past, so I'll keep trying.

First never ever give out bank information.

Second the hook is they send you a check that is for more than your asking and want you to cash said check and then send them the difference. Only thing is the check no good and you get hung for the entire amount.

Happened to a friend he got three "postal" money orders. Took them to the PO and the postmaster was going to cash them. They looked that legit. Except when the Postal inspectors looked at them they were fakes.

Tell these "doctors" that you'll talk to them in person when they get on US soil. Or better yet don't respond to them in the first place.

I would ignore all foreign responses. Period!

Back
Top Bottom