Craigslist spammers are driving me insane!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KansasKid, Oct 3, 2010.

1. KansasKid

KansasKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    It doesn't matter if its in the motorcycle section or the musical instrument section they always send me tons and tons of emails all saying there urgent and to watch a video, which i would have to download a toolbar for, and that isn't going to happen because i know the minute i download one i will have viruses coming out of my usb ports!

Anyone else having this problem?

2. birdsNbeesNseeds

birdsNbeesNseeds Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Yep.

Even had a listing in Farm and Garden. Got a similar spam reply- "interested in buying" which led to same video. Didn't download anything either.

3. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    ya the posts i make on there they try and get me to click this link but i never do

4. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    I always get the email that says "I'm interested in your ad, but It might be the same as the one I just bought. Watch this video and let me know if its the same!"
    I normally fire off a reply about how I don't need to watch the video because mine is one of a kind and has the dna to prove it! lol They never reply back [​IMG]

5. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

I just click the block that blocks reply by email, no more spam.

Steve

6. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

I just ignore the spam. Its all the same an easy to tell from real people.

7. KansasKid

KansasKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    I just wish there was a way to just not receive it in the first place, I mean when your looking through emails to see if anyone is interested in purchasing your item it is annoying to see all the junk ones and aggravating to have to delete all of it.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  8. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Try putting you phone number on there. I got a company trying to get me to sell my truck for me......

9. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:So did I! Last year, and 2 companies called wanting to sell it for me!

As far as the email? I just delete them, never click on any links in them. Though some are good for a giggle......

10. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    I stopped using Craigslist altogether because of it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by