Crane pen ideas!

cassandrapettersson

Emu obsessed
Sep 8, 2022
Sweden
I'd love to get cranes some day, though I can't find any pictures on crane pens. Sooo if anyone here has any, could you show? No matter if it's at a zoo or something you found on pinterest that looks good for cranes, I will take anything!!

( P.s I don't know what category cranes go in...)

I'd love to get cranes some day, though I can't find any pictures on crane pens. Sooo if anyone here has any, could you show? No matter if it's at a zoo or something you found on pinterest that looks good for cranes, I will take anything!!

( P.s I don't know what category cranes go in...)
Catagory: Tall birds with long legs. :lau but seriously, @The Phantom , raises cranes, I think she mostly keeps hers indoors but I could be mistaken on that point.

Here are some pics of my pens. They are 40’/50’ each and some larger. I keep one pair of cranes per a pen. I have ducks and geese in with them as well and they do well

Attachments

• 9A544EF0-933D-4ACB-8460-C9DE3F5F26C9.jpeg
    9A544EF0-933D-4ACB-8460-C9DE3F5F26C9.jpeg
    887.5 KB · Views: 28
  • DB4CAB9D-EF32-47A1-B352-9C57013AEE12.jpeg
    DB4CAB9D-EF32-47A1-B352-9C57013AEE12.jpeg
    651.2 KB · Views: 26
How do you get a permit to keep a crane?
I won't be getting cranes, It's not possible in my country.
I ended up talking with people who work in the agricultural agency, they said it wouldn't be possible to get the permit due to how strict it is.
Sooo in my country, there's like a 0.1 chance out of 100% to actually get the permit...

Though I have no idea about where you live

How cold does it get where you live? Do they live inside occasionally or are they outside all year long?
We will get stretch’s below zero at times. Most of the time is not horrible. The East Africans and sarus I bring in when it gets bad but the sandhill and others handle it okay. They will stand in the water to keep their legs warm in the water.
How do you get a permit to keep a crane?
You would need to get a state permit for captive wildlife, then you need a migratory waterfowl sale and disposal permit and last you would have to get a special purpose non webbed migratory bird permit.

Back
Top Bottom