walled off with furniture to keep my inquisitive dog
from knocking into it.

i just stepped over a hassock to check the
temperature and stepped on the cord of the incubator top
the entire incubator rocked and so did the eggs inside it
none look broken, but i'm concerned i ruined the eggs

any thoughts on this?

sad in vermont

They should be OK since you have to turn then 3 times daily anyways. If you have them marked with X and O then it should OK. What day are you on? Only reason to be concerned is if you are in lockdown. And even then the hatched ones roll the eggs around any ways.

Just make sure the temp and humidity are right.

Good Luck with your hatch.
thumbsup.gif

Yeah, you should be fine. I mean, they can ship eggs through the post office and still have them hatch, right? Plus, like they said, the first hatched bulldoze into the others like there's no tomorrow. As long as you weren't picking up the incubator and shaking it violently, you're probably okay.
big_smile.png

sad but true
Hi latebloomer!! I know this is an old thread, but I had a similar incident with my bator. My cat actually jumped on it, and when I startled him to get down, it shook the whole thing and my eggs rolled from X to O. It's also placed in the corner, as yours was, and it bumped it into the wall. How did yours turn out? I'm only on day 6 and it's hard to see much movement, even before the incident happened. Mine are also a little late developing due to temp problems in the first 2 days. Hoping you have a positive response as to your hatch.....
fl.gif

hi there StephensonC.

i had two batches that i hatched, can't recall which one i bumped into, but i had about an 80% hatch rate on each batch. so, i'm going to say there was no negative effect.

i think yours will be fine too.

good luck and let me know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom