crazy behavior

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by smom1976, Oct 6, 2008.

1. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    We had a chicken wake us up this morning to one loud Bawk then 4 quick softer but still louder than the rest bawks then repeated this for about 5 min.. I even went out there to see if there was something in the pen.. nothing..[​IMG] [​IMG] after returning and telling my husband that there was nothing and she is just being goofy.. he said..

"maybe she is eggstapated" my husband is as goofy as that chicken. [​IMG]

2. newchicks

newchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2008
    KANSAS
    Nothing like a great sense of humor...your husband is witty and he made me laugh!![​IMG]

3. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    [​IMG] LOL [​IMG]

4. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    [​IMG] Nothing wrong with a sense of humor!

5. Bugdude

Bugdude Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2008
    Same thing with me today.. Normally one of the chickens takes it upon herself to let me know that the suns up and they feel its time to be let in the pen. But while showering I heard the same thing a loud kinda bawk,bawk,bawk, BAGAWK, definatly not their normal screaming at me sound.. I went to the coop to let them in the pen and checked the nestbox. The golfball was pushed aside and there was a bunch of straw pushed aside making a almost circle down to the wood of the box... I hope this is a sign of good news to come..

6. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    oh yeah, oh yeah... [​IMG]

bugdudes about to be a daddy!

(sort of...)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  7. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    Quote:That's funny[​IMG][/img]

8. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* My Miss Chook is like that when she's "eggy" -- Makes a racket, hollars to be let out, walks and talks all over the pen when she does get out. The rest of the time she hardly lets out a peep!! The new one, Perky, only seems to make a racket when somebody else does (like when I am on the phone!!) or when her bin needs cleaning. So far, at least. [​IMG]

9. schmije

schmije Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Peoria, IL
    Eggstapated! LOL! Who knows what chickens are thinking most of the time.

One time our Gertrude stood out in the middle of the yard BOK BOK BAKOK-ing for about five minutes straight. I finally walked outside and said very calmly "What's the problem, Gertie?" She looked at me then turned and began pecking the ground with the other girls like everything was perfectly normal. I'll never understand them. But I love them anyway!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by