crazy behavior

smom1976

too many projects too little time!
11 Years
May 2, 2008
Pensacola, FL
We had a chicken wake us up this morning to one loud Bawk then 4 quick softer but still louder than the rest bawks then repeated this for about 5 min.. I even went out there to see if there was something in the pen.. nothing..
hu.gif
idunno.gif
after returning and telling my husband that there was nothing and she is just being goofy.. he said..

"maybe she is eggstapated" my husband is as goofy as that chicken.
gig.gif

Same thing with me today.. Normally one of the chickens takes it upon herself to let me know that the suns up and they feel its time to be let in the pen. But while showering I heard the same thing a loud kinda bawk,bawk,bawk, BAGAWK, definatly not their normal screaming at me sound.. I went to the coop to let them in the pen and checked the nestbox. The golfball was pushed aside and there was a bunch of straw pushed aside making a almost circle down to the wood of the box... I hope this is a sign of good news to come..

* My Miss Chook is like that when she's "eggy" -- Makes a racket, hollars to be let out, walks and talks all over the pen when she does get out. The rest of the time she hardly lets out a peep!! The new one, Perky, only seems to make a racket when somebody else does (like when I am on the phone!!) or when her bin needs cleaning. So far, at least.
big_smile.png

Eggstapated! LOL! Who knows what chickens are thinking most of the time.

One time our Gertrude stood out in the middle of the yard BOK BOK BAKOK-ing for about five minutes straight. I finally walked outside and said very calmly "What's the problem, Gertie?" She looked at me then turned and began pecking the ground with the other girls like everything was perfectly normal. I'll never understand them. But I love them anyway!

Back
Top Bottom