Crazy Chicken Lady (Man) Call~~ you know you got one....

I say "Helooo my Laaaaa-deeees. Come to Maaaamaaaa" with a sig-song voice. It's pretty embarassing when others hear me. But I truly love my babies. I so make a fool of myself!!

Bwahahaha!
gig.gif
These are all so awesome!
thumbsup.gif

Wish we could start a video thread of us calling our chickens! That would be a hoot!!
lau.gif

I belly dance and my friend (whom I bought a huge, lovely sword from) told me she could just see me out feeding chickens with my sword balance on my head. I hope to take that pic and put it up someday! Maybe make a video to post on You Tube
wink.png

I call chick, chick, chick but it's more for my enjoyment since my gang comes running when I walk out the door. They make me feel guilty when I don't have any treats with me.

I'd love to see a video of the All the Single Ladies chicken call.

Last edited:
Since I live in the City, I don't get to let my girls free-range except for the hour just before sundown. When I'm ready to get them back in the run, I just look at 'em and in a normal voice say, "OK you guys, let's go, come'on, it's time to go in" and they all come flocking inside the run whether I have a treat or not. Crazy lovable gals! I do wonder, tho, why out of 7 laying hens and one raising babies, am I only getting 4 eggs a day. They should be doing much better. Maybe I should coach them a little, eh!

This actually something I put some thought into while we were building the coop. I wanted something I could say out loud, yet not appear too effeminate in my 6' 2", 300 pound man frame. I settled on "Howdy Kids" or "C'mon Children." They don't respond yet, but it has only been a couple of days.

I'm actually I big fan of singing to the animals. Of course, I work from home and thus they are my only constant companions. When I'm on conference calls my team now assumes I am out mucking out the chicken coop or snagging quail eggs. I love the quail - simple, cheap to feed and have been giving me 1-2 eggs a day for the past month. As I wait for the sun to come out here in WA, at least something is producing. Besides the lettuces of course. And to be fair, my D'anvers just started laying. Its like I have an egg problem. I started with quail, I moved onto bigger bantam, and soon I'll get into the hardcore eggs.

Besides "All the Single Ladies" (of which I only repeat that line, over and over) I like to spout the occasional show tune. I look forward to getting pygora dairy goats next year so I can greet them with "Milkshake." Personally, I prefer classical, jazz or 90's grunge... But nothing fits farm animals quite like R&B
wink.png

I sing with my dog and the chicken's look at the both of us like we lost our freaking minds! Other than that we call "Chick Chick Chick, her Chick Chick" My houband add's "Come to daddy" And always giggles a bit because I tease him about having a whole flock of chicks in my living room while I'm away at work... the giggilo!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom