Crazy chicken lady

RcoM

Songster
Premium Feather Member
Dec 15, 2023
Hi,
I am a homesteader in the making on 5 acres and run a homeschool tutoring business called Eagles' Wings Education. I am from from Down Under and hubby now calls me crazy chicken lady; hence the post title.
I have always loved animals but now convince everyone I meet that chickens are the perfect pet.
First I was gifted some old girls. Then one flew into my nanna's backyard. Then I hatched chicks under my broody and now I am hooked!

I currently am building a flock through breeding or raising young un's. I will be keeping 4-7 purebred hens total. My eye is on possibly introducing a Sussex rooster at some point.

I have 1 x Australorp and 3 x Sussex (light and Lavendars). All under 1 year old. Also two pullets I am raising for the grandkids. We love taming chickens and making them happy girls.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

A few months. it was Google and genetics based questions!

Hi, RcoM, glad you've joined us! You'll find lots of crazy chicken ladies (and gents) here at BYC so you're in excellent company. Eagles' Wings Education certainly sounds interesting, best of success with your venture and your homestead & chickens!

So great that you're raising pullets with your grandkids! :love My grandson (turning 3 tomorrow!) is fascinated with my little flock and loves feeding them greens through the fence. His family will be visiting us over Christmas (they're apartment-dwelling city folks) so I plan to let him help collect eggs...we'll see how that goes.

Anyway, welcome to this friendly and ever-helpful community of poultry-folk!

Hi,
I am a homesteader in the making on 5 acres and run a homeschool tutoring business called Eagles' Wings Education. I am from from Down Under and hubby now calls me crazy chicken lady; hence the post title.
I have always loved animals but now convince everyone I meet that chickens are the perfect pet.
First I was gifted some old girls. Then one flew into my nanna's backyard. Then I hatched chicks under my broody and now I am hooked!

I currently am building a flock through breeding or raising young un's. I will be keeping 4-7 purebred hens total. My eye is on possibly introducing a Sussex rooster at some point.

I have 1 x Australorp and 3 x Sussex (light and Lavendars). All under 1 year old. Also two pullets I am raising for the grandkids. We love taming chickens and making them happy girls.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

A few months. it was Google and genetics based questions!
Welcome! You will fit right in here! :)

1702724645564.png

Back
Top Bottom