Crazy Hen...Emily is broody (Well, not anymore.. Quit on Day 16)

Really, it puts out no light, Amy. It's a 75 watt bulb we found in the pet section of WalMart. It's a night heat bulb for reptiles. Cost about $5-6. You can't tell it's on unless you look at the red filament, but it puts out a cozy warmth just beneath it. Zane has one, though his does put out a good bit of red light-slightly different bulb, but a reptile bulb all the same.

Re-candled Emily's four eggs. One quit, which is probably one of the ones that got too cold before she got wise to what she should be doing with them. So, she has three Del eggs with bouncing babies in them, due Nov 10.

fl.gif

fl.gif
Oh Great Spirit, please let Emily be a good mommy and stick with these three little lives waiting their day to hatch!
fl.gif
Come on babies! Just ten more days!!!
ya.gif
Ohh! I can hardly wait Cyn! Please keep us posted!!
hugs.gif

Emily is on Day 16 today....and we had our first wet snowflakes and sleet of the season. I may regret letting her raise chicks in fall/winter, but she was determined and is doing a good job with her three eggs.

It looks like she is going to do it! I know this is probably an awful time of year to be hatching (snowflakes???), but if she only has 2 or 3, they will be able to snuggle under her for a long time and keep warm as toast.

Counting down the days!

Come on Em! You can do it little Lady!!
ya.gif
I'll be counting down the days with you Cyn, but sadly I won't be here to celebrate their hatching. Darn Emily's timing all the way around! I'll be about 300 miles west of here in Tacoma, visiting my mom. Darn it!
he.gif
I really would much rather be here with y'all! But you know I'll be here in spirit with ya Cyn!!
hugs.gif

Amy, there will be plenty of time to celebrate Emily's arrivals when you get back. We changed the heat lamp in the Firetower to a 250 watt red and hung it up at the peak so it would be warm but not too hot over Emmy. It's going to be under 25 degrees tonight. She's really doing this! Now, I hope she's a good mom so I don't have to bring the chicks into the house to brood!

Quote:
Yeah, but I'd still rather be here with you and the gang if you know what I mean!
wink.png
lol.png
Don't get me wrong. I love my mom to pieces. It would just be nicer if she were coming over here rather than me going over there. She doesn't have any animals AT ALL!
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom