Crazy Hen...Emily is broody (Well, not anymore.. Quit on Day 16)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She quit. After DH replaced her reptile bulb with the regular heat lamp, a few hours later, he found her up on the roost with her three eggs getting pretty cool in the nest. She would not go back to them, no matter what he did. He put her in the main coop and she is on a roost and acting like she's snapped out of it and tomorrow is DAY 17!!
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif

The eggs are in the house on a slightly warm rice bag waiting for the bator to warm up. I candled them all think I saw movement in all three, so maybe they'll be okay. Never had a broody just quit this late in the game!

Well, she was a first timer and we didn't know how she'd do. At first, she kept letting one or two peek out and get cool, but then, when I removed a couple, she was doing great. Oh, well.
hmm.png

Well, eggs are in the bator. All three are moving around in their little cocoons so now we wait. Since tomorrow is Day 17, I have only one day to turn them, then we're in the home stretch. I bet they won't pip on Day 20 like they would under a broody. Could even be a day late, considering how many times they've been cooled down. Oh, well, Zane was hatched in Nov three years ago, so they're in good company.

Rats!!!!!!!!

Hope they hatch for you, I just know you need some little sweet fluffies in the house for a little while.

Back
Top Bottom