Crazy idea for predator deterrent

Jul 9, 2020
Guthrie, ok
My Coop
My Coop
So I saw a bunch of things like this at the Halloween store and am wondering if anyone has ever tried it to deter predators. I am really considering one.
I just set up several motion detector lights and I have some Nite Guard lights on the way to set up a full perimeter. I thought an animatronic monster might help even more. But it might also scare the birds out of laying. I just get to laughing every time I think about having one in my yard though!
Maybe I'll just try a radio...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210205-182058.png
    Screenshot_20210205-182058.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 22
That might work. We lost power for a week once because of a hurricane. I have electric wires going around my coops and pens. Since the power was out I used a battery operated radio and put it on a talk radio station so the predator would hear voices mainly at night. I was lucky and had no incidences during that time. I do have several cameras on my property and still saw some predators. One BYC member put a tube man next to her coop. I guess it worked well. She posted a picture but I can't find it. I've tried many things over the years. Good luck...

That might work. We lost power for a week once because of a hurricane. I have electric wires going around my coops and pens. Since the power was out I used a battery operated radio and put it on a talk radio station so the predator would hear voices mainly at night. I was lucky and had no incidences during that time. I do have several cameras on my property and still saw some predators. One BYC member put a tube man next to her coop. I guess it worked well. She posted a picture but I can't find it. I've tried many things over the years. Good luck...
I looked into the tube man too. I might just end up having the craziest yard decor ever, between the coop, the pond, orchard and garden.

Back
Top Bottom