Georgeschicks

Songster
Jul 5, 2017
baltimore maryland
Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 6.03.22 PM.png
Hi!
I have four gorgeous chickens normally who turned two this summer. They *kinda* molted last year in mid november. I live in Maryland and this year all my chickens started molting at the end of september. they look terrible right now- here is a pic of one from a few days ago. she has lost most of her tail feathers now and she looks worse every day. Is this a problem or is it normal. How can I make my chickens a little more comfortable?

One of my EEs just got done and her feathers look awesome, now the two twin EEs are molting, it looks like they went two rounds with Mike Tyson in the cage, feathers everywhere...

We had two EE molt last January at 11 months old! But once they were done, they looked awesome - super fluffy, BIG fluffy beards and muffs and some new coloring accents.

some birds have been molting over the past few weeks, can’t tell who - no one looks terrible- but lots of feathers in the run. Am waiting to see if our 20 month old SLW molts and gets better lacing - her lacing is nowhere near even or attractive (but she’s going to be a lifer here bc we like her), but she would need to do a hard molt if there were to be any improvement in lacing, and I’m not sure if that would improve anyway.

Back
Top Bottom