Crazy or what?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The Red Rooster, Dec 31, 2011.

1. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

I'm just a bit crazy here I think... wouldn't you say catching wild turkeys and letting them go is a bit over the top? I've been really wanting a pet turkey for the longest time. I don't have the space to keep a turkey, so I've been catching and releasing wild turkeys that come to our house. The reason? Well I like to observe the turkeys up close. If I can't have one, why not observe them? [​IMG]

Just so you know I would never keep a wild turkey. I only wanted to observe them, and let them go.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  2. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    You call that crazy? [​IMG] You ain't seen nothing yet.. [​IMG]
    Nice birds though [​IMG] We don't have such nice turkeys in Australia [​IMG]

3. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    Isn't it illegal to keep native birds...?

4. The Red Rooster

Quote:Lol! What color turkeys do you have in Australia?

5. The Red Rooster

Quote:Not if you let them go almost as soon as you catch them. I would never keep one.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  6. AuberyMirkwood

AuberyMirkwood Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    Clovis NM
    When I was a kid I wanted a pet bunny sooooo bad, but my parents would not let me. So what did I do? I went out and caught myself 5 baby cotton tails. And of course I had to get a cage and food for them right? ;-) After they grew up and I let them go I managed to get my mom into a pet store and she couldn't resist the bunny faces AND I already had all the stuff lol

7. The Red Rooster

Quote:Sounds like me alright! [​IMG]

8. pdbantam

pdbantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    South Mississippi
    I gotta know........how in the world did you catch wild turkeys?!

9. <3 N.C Chicken Chick <3

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    Jacksonville N.C
    I like them, but can't they bring ickey stuff to your other animals? The turkeys will come to the food, they may start calling the Red Roo Farm home. [​IMG]

10. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    We attempted to lure a Ringneck Pheasant into our enclosure. He was coming around last spring when my Red Goldens Pheasants were calling for mates. Good thing we couldnt get him...he probably would have killed my birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by