Crazy or what?

The Red Rooster

Poultry Observer
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
Rapid City, South Dakota
I'm just a bit crazy here I think... wouldn't you say catching wild turkeys and letting them go is a bit over the top? I've been really wanting a pet turkey for the longest time. I don't have the space to keep a turkey, so I've been catching and releasing wild turkeys that come to our house. The reason? Well I like to observe the turkeys up close. If I can't have one, why not observe them?
tongue.png

Just so you know I would never keep a wild turkey. I only wanted to observe them, and let them go.
103583_turkies_003.jpg

Last edited:
You call that crazy?
tongue.png
You ain't seen nothing yet..
lau.gif

Nice birds though
smile.png
We don't have such nice turkeys in Australia
hide.gif

When I was a kid I wanted a pet bunny sooooo bad, but my parents would not let me. So what did I do? I went out and caught myself 5 baby cotton tails. And of course I had to get a cage and food for them right? ;-) After they grew up and I let them go I managed to get my mom into a pet store and she couldn't resist the bunny faces AND I already had all the stuff lol

We attempted to lure a Ringneck Pheasant into our enclosure. He was coming around last spring when my Red Goldens Pheasants were calling for mates. Good thing we couldnt get him...he probably would have killed my birds.

Back
Top Bottom