Crazy Question ....lol

I used two 8x10 picture frames from walmart ($3 ea), used some caulking to glue the plastic into the frame permanently and put hinges on for ventilation.

43663_0019.jpg

Chicken People are the best.
Were planning the new coop and I never would of thought of picture frames for windows. I love the idea of the hinges and the chicken wire on the inside.
clap.gif
ya.gif

I made my own windows out of 1x2 cedar boards. Two have stained glass I made and one is an etched window using thin window glass from Lowe's. I nailed both hardware cloth and window screen (to keep the darn dirt dobbers and wasps out) the inside of my framed window. Also, if some critter does decide to try to know the window out, those two products should keep most of the glass out of the coop. I've never made a window before and had no prevous carpentry skill, but you will need to measure, measure, measure! You can check out my BYC page to see a bit of how they were made. Good luck! Gail

Actually the plexiglass idea mentioned would be simple enough to install, and no chance of breakage as with a picture frame glass.

You could simple drill a hole in each corner, and screw it to the opening. OR You could also attach a hinge to one side by drilling holes in the plexiglass, and using small screws and nuts, attach hinge to it then screw the hinge to the coop opening. A simple sliding bolt latch on the opposite side to keep it close when you want. This way you can use it for added ventilation in the hot months.

Back
Top Bottom