crazy rooster!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chicken parm, Dec 27, 2009.

1. chicken parm

chicken parm Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2008
    delaware
    My neighbor has bantams, 4 hens one rooster, sebright I think. whenever my wife or me go out to feed our chickens the bantams are always there. at first I thought they were cute and didn't mind them hanging out. but then the rooster attacked my wife.flew up on her shoulder scratching. when she told me I thought she was exaggerating. when I went out to feed my chickens there they were didn't pay much attention to them. tuened my back to get feed and the rooster flew onto my head. now everyday this crazy bird attacks us. what can we do? don't really talk to the neighbor.

2. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Quote:Time to start talking to them!

3. K8tieCat

K8tieCat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Northern California
    If the neighbors don't care enough to keep their bird at home, sounds to me like you're up for one free chicken dinner!!! [​IMG]

4. farmin'chick

farmin'chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Rocky Mount VA
    Sebrights are...well, different. He thinks he's as big as you are. If you don't want to deal with the neighbor, try a long handled net -- once you catch that rascally roo with it a time or two, he'll run when he just sees you have it.

5. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Bantam roosters are believed to be more aggressive than normal sized ones. Whether or not this is true-it's always been the case for me. Sounds like he's trying to put you in your place. I'd talk to the neighbor first, and if that fails (for whatever reason) put that rooster in HIS place! Bring this problem to the neighbor's attention and work something out.

6. me and my marans

me and my marans Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2009
    Quote:I agree with all that thepolishprincess wrote but in my case all the bantam roosters iv ever had were friendy, it was the big birds that i occasionally had problems with.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by