CRD (possible mycoplasmosis) in flock...TEST UPDATE

I can't imagine what else it could be
hmm.png
The person i got them from said that the other chickens they sold (that were with mine) also had their face/eyes swell up and then they died.
Since they had similar symptoms and came from the same place, i assume its the same thing and since a few have died or had problems i assume its serious like CRD, and so did my avian vet.
what else could it possibly be? just curious.
I researched alot of diseases and I thought i ruled everything out, but if it could possibly be anything else feel free to let me know :]

Kassie, is your vet really experienced with chickens, or do you got to him/her just because the dog goes there?
Is he avian certified?
Did the person you got the birds from offer you some kind of reimbursement if they knew they were sick?

Quote:
My dogs don't go to him.
I searched around for a vet that deals with birds.
He also sees exotic animals, and pretty much any other animal.
He says hes had other patients with poultry, or birds like pigeons, etc.
So i think he is avian certified. He knew alot about chickens and the different breeds so he seems to know what hes talking about.

And no, i guess she didn't know they were sick till i had them for a while.
I complained about my birds showing symptoms then other previous customers also complained that their birds also got sick.
She said some of her show birds or other birds had been showing symptoms of runny noses and eye issues on and off and she doesn't think there is anything seriously wrong with them because they get tested at her state fair so if they had anything she would know about it.
She said that her vet told her it was normal for chickens to show those kind of symptoms under stress or weather change...but i don't know, ive had chickens before and i never had them even sneeze before.
And the fact one has a eye problem like mine...then died...sounds alittle sketchy to me.

They will be fine one day then sick the next and on and off

This really sucks, all that you have been going thru. I would try and get some money back from the person you bought them from.
It's bad enough they are sick, but they are making your whole flock sick. And now you have to pay a vet to correct the problem that they sold to you.
Maybe ask if they know what disease it is, to save yourself some time, and stress... JMO

Quote:
Thank you
Well we aren't really talking now because we has alittle dispute about them being sick or not, she thinks that nothing is wrong, and i'm just so stressed and upset i don't want to fight about it.
She doesn't know what it is because she thinks its normal
hmm.png
She said "Well, at least they aren't the chickens we raised." which made me kinda angry because now i'm stuck with this issue
he.gif

My whole flock has been exposed so there is nothing i can really do if it is CRD.
I honestly don't even want my money back.
I just either want them better or for it to be over.
hit.gif

And it doesn't look like they can get better, if its something they will be carriers for life of, and ive finally accepted that.
I don't even know what to do anymore.
This whole situation sucks and we have spent $100's of dollars trying to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom