CRD vaccination

JakRat

Songster
10 Years
Apr 22, 2009
Dover
Can you vaccinate an older bird for CRD?

I am putting my one hen down who has CRD today. Makes me sad because she is my fav.

We are having babies on Tuesday, one is her niece. I will be vaccinating them for CRD and Mareks.

Operation Clean Coop will have to start today as I want to make sure no other girls get infected.

Can you vaccinate an older bird for CRD?

I am putting my one hen down who has CRD today. Makes me sad because she is my fav.

We are having babies on Tuesday, one is her niece. I will be vaccinating them for CRD and Mareks.

Operation Clean Coop will have to start today as I want to make sure no other girls get infected.

Yes. You can vaccinate an older bird for CRD.
http://www.drugs.com/vet/mycoplasma-gallisepticum-vaccine.html

Please read everything in the link before you vaccinate.

Last edited:
Remember once you vaccinate for something, you will always have to vaccinate new birds for it.
The MG vaccine does not keep them from getting it, just lessons the symptoms. It is geared more for the egg factory's to keep hens from stopping laying because of the illness. I use to use it, but a few of the healthy birds I vaccinated seemed to come down with it and had to be put down... Don't know if hey had a reaction or what. So I no longer use it and just practice strict bio security .

Back
Top Bottom