1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cream Brabanter Chicks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kreagerm, Jan 9, 2013.

1. kreagerm

kreagerm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2012
    They are just growing so fast (they are 3 weeks old), So I just wanted to show them off. I have 7 more eggs in the bator as we speak.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here is Mom and Dad. Yes he does have a beard and waddles, but still a beautiful Roo.
    [​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Sturdy looking chicks!

3. poseygrace

poseygrace Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Georgia
    I want some! Too cute!

4. kacklinkelly

kacklinkelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2012
    Southwest Desert
    I haven't heard of them in my searches here in AZ. They are great looking. Is it a rare breed?
    I am going to google them right now. Thanks for sharing the photos. I am definitely getting
    chicken fever. Is there a shot for this?

5. kreagerm

Feb 11, 2012
    Thanks Everyone. They are a very beautiful bird, love their little tops :)

6. Jenikate

Jenikate Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2012
    New Hampshire
    Do you breed/hatch your own? I have been looking for hatching eggs for a while...any recommendations? Prefer the Cream over the gold. Very beautiful birds!!!!

7. kreagerm

Feb 11, 2012
    Hello JeniKate,

Right now I'm just trying to get my new flock of cream brabanters together. At the moment I'm hatching out a few more eggs from my friends cream brabanter pair, that his neighbor showed in her local 4h chapter. I do plan on keeping about 6-7 to breed. Hopefully around summer we should be able to offer hatching eggs to those who are interested.

8. Jenikate

Jenikate Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2012
    New Hampshire
    Thank you for the reply! :)
    Do you know of any one who breeds who may have hatching eggs? Tried to search within BYC but there are so many threads and so many are old...
    Thanks again!

9. NJchixs

NJchixs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2012
    Jackson, NJ

I was on the Northeast Poultry Congress show thread and saw member Marquisell in NY has a beautiful flock of them, and she was bringing eggs to sell at the show. She has some nice marans I was eyeing. PM her but she may not get back to you till she is home from the show. She posted pics of her brabanters on that thread.

10. kreagerm

Feb 11, 2012
    Sounds like NJchixs might have a good lead for you. They are a very pretty bird and I can't wait to get my flock up and running.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by