Cream Brabanter Chicks

Pics

kreagerm

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 11, 2012
They are just growing so fast (they are 3 weeks old), So I just wanted to show them off. I have 7 more eggs in the bator as we speak.

Here is Mom and Dad. Yes he does have a beard and waddles, but still a beautiful Roo.

I haven't heard of them in my searches here in AZ. They are great looking. Is it a rare breed?
I am going to google them right now. Thanks for sharing the photos. I am definitely getting
chicken fever. Is there a shot for this?

Do you breed/hatch your own? I have been looking for hatching eggs for a while...any recommendations? Prefer the Cream over the gold. Very beautiful birds!!!!

Hello JeniKate,

Right now I'm just trying to get my new flock of cream brabanters together. At the moment I'm hatching out a few more eggs from my friends cream brabanter pair, that his neighbor showed in her local 4h chapter. I do plan on keeping about 6-7 to breed. Hopefully around summer we should be able to offer hatching eggs to those who are interested.

Hello JeniKate,

Right now I'm just trying to get my new flock of cream brabanters together. At the moment I'm hatching out a few more eggs from my friends cream brabanter pair, that his neighbor showed in her local 4h chapter. I do plan on keeping about 6-7 to breed. Hopefully around summer we should be able to offer hatching eggs to those who are interested.
Thank you for the reply! :)
Do you know of any one who breeds who may have hatching eggs? Tried to search within BYC but there are so many threads and so many are old...
Thanks again!

Thank you for the reply! :)
Do you know of any one who breeds who may have hatching eggs?  Tried to search within BYC but there are so many threads and so many are old...
Thanks again!

I was on the Northeast Poultry Congress show thread and saw member Marquisell in NY has a beautiful flock of them, and she was bringing eggs to sell at the show. She has some nice marans I was eyeing. PM her but she may not get back to you till she is home from the show. She posted pics of her brabanters on that thread.

Sounds like NJchixs might have a good lead for you. They are a very pretty bird and I can't wait to get my flock up and running.

Back
Top Bottom