Cream brabanter stopped laying?

PearlTheDuck

Songster
5 Years
Oct 19, 2016
Texas

My cream brabanter, Betty , has stopped laying for about a week. We put our birds out at 9am and put them up around 7:30pm (it's completely dark by then) it's been a bit stressful this week so could she be picking up on it? She acts normal, nothing has changed other than her not laying eggs. She's 6 months old, so it's not age and our other hens are laying like normal

Some hens, especially non egg laying breeds take breaks. Most don't lay daily. Some consistently lay 2 or 3 a week, others lay daily for a few weeks before quitting for a few weeks. All are normal.

Some hens, especially non egg laying breeds take breaks. Most don't lay daily. Some consistently lay 2 or 3 a week, others lay daily for a few weeks before quitting for a few weeks. All are normal.

She would lay a few days then take a few days off, never this long. I knew they took breaks, didn't know for that long , I'm sure that's it though. Thanks
263a.png

Some of my ornamental breeds like my appenzellers will stop during most of winter, and resume in early spring. Each hen has her own pattern which seems to be mostly inherited.

Some of my ornamental breeds like my appenzellers will stop during most of winter, and resume in early spring. Each hen has her own pattern which seems to be mostly inherited.

Oh, I didn't know that. I wouldn't know about what she inherited, I got her from a feed store so I wouldn't know the mother's laying habits. This is my first time with chickens and ducks, learning new things every day, so far it's been fine with the chickens
1f605.png
but then again, I doubt most people know what their chickens inherited

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom