Cream legbar died after throwing up foul-smelling liquid

Chicken Strut

Songster
6 Years
Jun 2, 2015
Southern Vermont
Help! My 3-year-old cream legbar Juliet started acting lethargic 24 hours ago and I went to bring her into the garage for isolation in a large dog crate this morning. She started throwing up a foul-smelling clear slightly viscous liquid on me, then had a seizure and died in the crate. 😪 The throwup included the worm egg (???) or whatever it is that is pictured here. She also had a gush of similar discharge from her vent when she died.

I need help advice on how to treat the rest of my flock in case this problem could spread. So far no one else is acting lethargic. I have 3 6-year-olds and 4 other 3-year-olds in the flock, all different breeds (though I doubt that is much of a consideration).

Thanks so much in advance.

Attachments

• 1356783B-81A8-470A-8247-FB84FDCA67E0.jpeg
    1356783B-81A8-470A-8247-FB84FDCA67E0.jpeg
    290.2 KB · Views: 28
Help! My 3-year-old cream legbar Juliet started acting lethargic 24 hours ago and I went to bring her into the garage for isolation in a large dog crate this morning. She started throwing up a foul-smelling clear slightly viscous liquid on me, then had a seizure and died in the crate. 😪 The throwup included the worm egg (???) or whatever it is that is pictured here. She also had a gush of similar discharge from her vent when she died.

I need help advice on how to treat the rest of my flock in case this problem could spread. So far no one else is acting lethargic. I have 3 6-year-olds and 4 other 3-year-olds in the flock, all different breeds (though I doubt that is much of a consideration).

Do you have any pictures?

Thanks. Have been sitting here researching and now realize chickens that can’t vomit per se.

I‘m hoping this was an individual problem since that means the rest of the flock is not at risk for the same problem. It’s been hot here (for Vermont) and I had attributed Juliet’s lethargy to that, but of course now wish I had brought her in yesterday.

Chickens cannot vomit You sure she didnt have a dead section or a tumor or instail problems and have excess water blockage which killed her mabye this link can help https://hencam.com/henblog/2014/10/ascites-in-hens/

Back
Top Bottom