Cream legbar green eggs? Why not blue?

Wellbie

Chirping
May 8, 2020
We are still new to chickens. We got six this spring one of them was a cream legbar. She has laid her first two eggs in the last 3 days they are coming out green instead of blue just wondering what the reasonings could be the only reason I bought her is because she would lay blue eggs and I thought that would be different. Kind of upset!

Attachments

• IMG_20201028_151502.jpg
    IMG_20201028_151502.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_20201028_151442.jpg
    IMG_20201028_151442.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 86
Posted some pics of her.

Attachments

• IMG_20200919_181451.jpg
    IMG_20200919_181451.jpg
    769.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20200919_181530.jpg
    IMG_20200919_181530.jpg
    602.7 KB · Views: 76
My created cream legbar isn’t laying yet but should soon and should be blue. If she’s not pure and mixed with brown layer then that’s how you get green ( blue egger and brown egger mixed). So she’s either not pure or as sourland suggested, the greens might not be hers.

We are still new to chickens. We got six this spring one of them was a cream legbar. She has laid her first two eggs in the last 3 days they are coming out green instead of blue just wondering what the reasonings could be the only reason I bought her is because she would lay blue eggs and I thought that would be different. Kind of upset!
They are nice and bright green. Definatly first or second generation. They get darker as time goes on generation wise.

There's always been some CCLs that lay green eggs. Going back to GFFs imported lines.
Breeders IMO should of been breeding away from those birds but with the decent prices people were paying many breeders didn't. As the years went on and their popularity grew a lot of selective breeding went completely out the window.
If you check out their breed club you'll see that blueish green eggs are acceptable. That should tell you there's always been brown egg genes in the breed and with the club being ok with that then there will be a continuation of green egg laying CCLs.

She has laid her first two eggs in the last 3 days they are coming out green instead of blue just wondering what the reasonings could be the only reason I bought her is because she would lay blue eggs and I thought that would be different. Kind of upset!
BTDT.
More than a few disappointments with certain breeds when I first started with chickens.

@The Moonshiner explained it nicely.

Back
Top Bottom