Cream legbar green eggs? Why not blue?

aart

Chicken Juggler!
Premium Feather Member
Nov 27, 2012
SW Michigan
My Coop
She has laid her first two eggs in the last 3 days they are coming out green instead of blue just wondering what the reasonings could be the only reason I bought her is because she would lay blue eggs and I thought that would be different. Kind of upset!
BTDT.
More than a few disappointments with certain breeds when I first started with chickens.

@The Moonshiner explained it nicely.

Wellbie

In the Brooder
May 8, 2020
Her comb looks a bit pale to be laying yet, how old is she? She looks like a pure cclb to me but she could have a brown layer ancestor somewhere.
Those pictures are from about a month ago I'm sure it was her that laid them she was on the nest have not seen the Easter egger on the nest yet

Wellbie

In the Brooder
May 8, 2020
Are you sure that she is laying the greenish eggs and not the Easter Egger ?
I am sure it's not the Easter egger because I found the cream legbar on the nest right after she came off as when we found the green egg in the same nest for the buff orpington laid

Coop de Grass

Crowing
Jun 30, 2015
South Brunswick, New Jersey
I am having a similar problem with my current flock. I've ordered hatching eggs and the egss that I've received have all been a pale greenish blue, more mint green than anything else. In my previous flocks (which were sold for different reasons) I had Cream crested legbars from hatching eggs that I purchased and also from Greenfire Farms chicks. All of the eggs that were being produced were blue. Some were more intense, but they were definitely blue. This was not photoshopped! CCLs, FBCMs, Easter Eggers, Buff Orp, Black Australorp... I miss those girls!

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom