Cream legbar green eggs? Why not blue?

Her comb looks a bit pale to be laying yet, how old is she? She looks like a pure cclb to me but she could have a brown layer ancestor somewhere.
Those pictures are from about a month ago I'm sure it was her that laid them she was on the nest have not seen the Easter egger on the nest yet

Are you sure that she is laying the greenish eggs and not the Easter Egger ?
I am sure it's not the Easter egger because I found the cream legbar on the nest right after she came off as when we found the green egg in the same nest for the buff orpington laid

I am having a similar problem with my current flock. I've ordered hatching eggs and the egss that I've received have all been a pale greenish blue, more mint green than anything else. In my previous flocks (which were sold for different reasons) I had Cream crested legbars from hatching eggs that I purchased and also from Greenfire Farms chicks. All of the eggs that were being produced were blue. Some were more intense, but they were definitely blue. This was not photoshopped! CCLs, FBCMs, Easter Eggers, Buff Orp, Black Australorp... I miss those girls!

Attachments

• Egg basket.JPG
    Egg basket.JPG
    453.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I have 4 CCL hens and 1 EE in a coop with a CCL rooster. All my girls are laying and my girls are laying teal-ish eggs and one lt.green. I was a bit disappointed too but the eggs are pretty. I was going to put my 2 blue egg laying Americanas in with them but now I'm afraid I will mess up the genetics in the chicks and loose the pretty blue of the ameraucanas. 🤷‍♀️

I have 4 CCL hens and 1 EE in a coop with a CCL rooster. All my girls are laying and my girls are laying teal-ish eggs and one lt.green. I was a bit disappointed too but the eggs are pretty. I was going to put my 2 blue egg laying Americanas in with them but now I'm afraid I will mess up the genetics in the chicks and loose the pretty blue of the ameraucanas. 🤷‍♀️
Hi! Try to check dates before you reply to threads. Reviving old threads is not helpful, because usually they don’t need any more advice.

Hi! Try to check dates before you reply to threads. Reviving old threads is not helpful, because usually they don’t need any more advice.
I disagree.
Maybe they don't need more advice but at times I've learned stuff from resurrected threads that I wouldn't have seen otherwise.
You can also check dates and disregard older ones if you like.

Back
Top Bottom