Cream Legbar Pictures

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sunnydalefarms, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Sylvester017

Sylvester017 Overrun With Chickens

Nov 29, 2012
    So. Calif.
    Cameras and online colors seldom look like the natural object in reality - one reason that I don't post pics of my egg colors. My camera makes the eggs look deeper and more colorful than in reality.

2. blackbirds13

blackbirds13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    Southern New Hampshire
    Nice looking cockerel. Still loving them earlobes!

3. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Had to show you this because it is so funny !

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    It isn't a dust bath because when the do this they are completely immobile. I never can catch them at it. They stand all their feathers on end...it is sooooo funny.
    [​IMG]

4. Sylvester017

Sylvester017 Overrun With Chickens

Nov 29, 2012
    So. Calif.
    First time I saw my Silkies do this on the hot paver stone patio I thought they were dead or dying. Chickens are a hoot!

5. ChicKat

X2 -- I did this big long expose on the "savasana" or shavasana yoga position and how my chickens were doing Yoga - now-a-days that asana is called the 'corpse pose' (I think back in my day it was called the sponge...but corpse is so much more descriptive...)--- EXCEPT - they hold their feathers upright. A Cream Legbar Pullet with her crest all raised, along with hackels etc...is like she stuck her toe in the light socket. (Then my computer couldn't save it to my blog -- so I had to trot over here and post those picts.)---- Yes you are right they are a Hoot! :O)

6. canesisters

canesisters Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2011
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  7. ChicKat

OOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!

Nice cockerels. [​IMG]

Looks like you have a cool chicken tractor for them too.

8. speedy2020

speedy2020 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2010
    They are very nice. I hatched 21 chicks and end up with 15 cockerels. Many of the cockerel has crooked comb. There are too many gold feathers on the cockerel and pullet.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  9. sol2go

sol2go Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2012
    Coastal California
    I am also getting a high ratio of cockerels: 3 roos to every 1 pullet...it doesn't seem to matter what time of year, if they are from an incubator or a broody hen; the overall hatch rate is 50% or less, maybe the losses are all females...

10. canesisters

canesisters Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2011
    Virginia
    Both of those boys are looking for a new home.... if anyone is interested :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by