Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection

Pics
Congrats Rob! We are having an Oklahoma tester come out tomorrow to test ours!
fl.gif
It's our first time! Gotta be ready to ship eggs and chicks in the spring!

Great name Grayfeather, it does have a nice feel to it.
I called my 'operation' as some of my friends call my chicken habit Blackbirds when I was over the moon with the BCM's and 13 because we have 13.33 acres. I'm still working on my logo and still love the BCM's but they are a challenge, though I do love my Davis boy Degas and am looking for some decent pullets this year. The Legbars have really just totally captured me and those I really want to hold on to and work with. The Jubilees are beautiful but a bit bigger than I prefer. I like a tighter silhouette I guess, a more evident muscle tone?
hu.gif
Not sure why.

Congrats on the NPIP cert and testing. I'm getting my re-test the end of February.

I'm still working out how I'm going to set up my pens but I'm trying to take certain things into account like the egg size of my oldest hen I got in October 2011. She lays like a champ and her eggs are HUGE!!! so I'm going to be trying to keep that going in the flock as well as better color, tail angle, straighter combs and evident crests. I'm not sure about the size issue so I'm going to look at that this year. I'm not concerned about the GFF lines too much but rather what each birds good points and their negatives are when doing my pens this year and what that might mean going forward. I'm probably going to purchase a few new line males from GFF later in the spring and see how they develop but I'm good on pullets/hens. I'm hoping to close my flock this year and line breed going forward. Been doing a lot of reading and thinking....the planning makes my head spin. I'm hoping that I'll have an Oakley line in a few years...
big_smile.png
and a decent representative Cream Legbar flock. I've got a lot of work ahead.

I need to get some coops and pens going

Received my NPIP certification today.

I got NPIP certified back a couple of months ago and didn't get a fancy certificate. Your post made me paranoid, so I contacted the state to make sure I'm OK. Kansas doesn't give certificates, cards, or anything besides a carbon copy at the time of testing.

I want a certificate, too! Maybe I should make one myself.
tongue.png

I had a roo chick that I lost abot 3 wks ago and am now on the search for another1 and some hens, what beautiful chickens! Anyone in the wa area that raises and sells contact me please

Just wanted to say a big congratulations to all who participated in the first club meeting. It was nice to see this all come full circle and to be a part of it. Thanks Rinda and Curtis y'all are Da Bomb!
clap.gif
I was there for about ten minutes when my computer crashed. I was able to listen on the phone (I was connected both ways), but tried numerous times to get back in and never could get connected properly. I was really looking forward to it and was disappointed when this computer chose that time to crash. It is 5 years old, but it is working perfectly now (of course)!
smack.gif

Back
Top Bottom