Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection

BRAVO!!!!!
clap.gif

I've heard at least one person, say 22 1/2 weeks as his girls average for egg laying. Myself, although I'm not a record keeper on this, think my earliest came in around 19 weeks and it was about another 5 weeks before they all (7 pullets) were going. This was last year's spring chicks.

What is the usual maturing age for this breed? Laying age?
Thanks
big_smile.png
Love your avatar -- what chicken is that??

POL for most CLs that I have heard of is right about that magic 24-weeks, and that is where mine have started.

Some mention was made of the time the chick was born...early spring chickens coming into lay sooner than autumn hatch. Autumn/Late Summer pullet will wait out the winter before she begins laying ... (Maybe it just seems longer though) I have also heard people mention that a pullet that lays late, lays longer* and also produces larger eggs. * Has a longer life as a productive hen that is.

All,
The Cream Legbar Club is proud to announce the first public draft for the American Standard. A topic conversation is also on at the Clubhouse for those who are members. Best efforts will be made to review and consider everyone's comments. Group insight is appreciated. Myself and others will check in here regularly. We look forward to hearing what you all think!
Sincerely, all of us, at the Cream Legbar Club
Wow thanks for all or everyone's hard work on this, it is most ambitious!

I just realized that it does not have a mention about egg color (or did I miss it?) and also I didn't see what the DQ's would be and what a serious defect would be?

Are these items things that get tackled after the SOP get formalized. Forgive my ignorant questions, I am on the front end of a long learning curve!

Love your avatar -- what chicken is that??

POL for most CLs that I have heard of is right about that magic 24-weeks, and that is where mine have started.

Some mention was made of the time the chick was born...early spring chickens coming into lay sooner than autumn hatch. Autumn/Late Summer pullet will wait out the winter before she begins laying ... (Maybe it just seems longer though) I have also heard people mention that a pullet that lays late, lays longer* and also produces larger eggs. * Has a longer life as a productive hen that is.

thanks to both of you for your info.
My avatar is a Gold Cuckoo Marans Roo. He is lovely!

I have heard the same, about later laying pullets. Makes since, as it should be a more mature bird, at point of laying.

I have my 1st four Cream Legbars in the incubator now. The trio live at my Biz Partners house and this is our test hatch. She has 4 under a hen too.

Wow thanks for all or everyone's hard work on this, it is most ambitious!

I just realized that it does not have a mention about egg color (or did I miss it?) and also I didn't see what the DQ's would be and what a serious defect would be?

Are these items things that get tackled after the SOP get formalized. Forgive my ignorant questions, I am on the front end of a long learning curve!

Questions and interest is awesome. We just released the 4 sections. Shape-Male, Female; Color-Male, Female. Still is the short history; economic qualities (here's your egg color); disqualifications; and standard weights. These parts are being worked on.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom