Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection

Well, my Cream Legbar pair was attacked and killed by a neighbors pit bull so my project is on hold til I get more at the end of the month.
Had just let them out to take a few pics with my Bresse and while in the house loading the pics onto the computer a neighbors dog quietly came over and butchered my pair of Cream Legbars and 11 Bresse. I didn't hear a thing and neither did my dog who normally watches over the the birds while out on pasture, followed me in the house and I thought nothing of it. Oh the woulda, shoulda, couldas............
I did get a picture of the pair and still wanted

input of the group, bought this pair on RBA as a Crested Cream Legbar pair. The roo looks like a Roadbar hen to me.

You are right that one in front is NOT a Cream Legbar. The female in the back is quite dark but most likely still Cream Legbar. Sorry you lost your birds like that. Dogs are the ONLY predator we have ever lost birds to. But now you have to make a fresh start with the Cream Legbars hopefully you can get better stock!

AmericanBreese,

I'm so very sorry to hear about the dog attack on your chickens.
There just aren't words.
hit.gif

Yikes. Hope you warned the owners of the consequences if it happens again. And check with your local authorities, by law they may be required to pay for your livestock killed by the dog.

She's got a nice start, but I think it's too early to tell whether you will be able to show with her. Just handle her a lot for now so she won't be afraid of handling later at shows- just in case.
wink.png
I'd say give her another 6-8 weeks and then you will have a better idea.

Back
Top Bottom