Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection

Quote:
Thanks guys! I realized last year that I had been taking sequential photos of my birds and had banded them but I wasn't sure after a bazzillion pictures which wings or hackle belonged to which birds. Did me zero good. So this year I was looking at them at 14 weeks and some needed re-banding ...and realized I coud just lay a band over them and get it in the photo so there was a permanent stamp with each picture. SO much easier this way!

Here is my Cream Legbar roo. Colonel came fro Chucks Clucks in Alabama. Hatched Jan. 1. Have had excellent hatch rates from his hens. So what day a think? I'll have to weight him. But he won't be a year old for another 3 months! Nice white earlobes.

A rooster would contribute the most genes to the flock by breeding him to large numbers of hens.

But, I would do some test breeding with one or two of my best hens before I turned him loose on the whole flock.

The chick being questioned in the previous post is the perfect example of the need for test breeding.

Last edited:
A rooster would contribute the most genes to the flock by breeding him to large numbers of hens.

But, I would do some test breeding with one or two of my best hens before I turned him loose on the whole flock.

The chick being questioned in the previous post is the perfect example of the need for test breeding.

Enola. Thanks for the feedback. Curious to get your explanation on the comment concerning the roo in the pic. Thanks.

Speaking of your rooster........

I see a lot of things about him I like: he has substantial shape, meaning he has a good frame for meat carrying capacity, I like his tail set, he has good white on his ear lobes, his comb does not appear to be overly sized. The only thing I do not like is the white in his tail feathers, and we all know tail feather color is just aesthetic. I am curious to know what his personality is like. And I am glad you are happy with his chicks.

I am sorry if you thought I was commenting negatively in my previous post. **looking for chair to hide under**

Back
Top Bottom