Cream Legbars

Action shot!

ill have to get some pictures but I have 3 of the cutest Legbar mixes that are about 4 weeks old and they are the friendliest chicks Ive ever had. They are brave and calm and simply adorable I wish I'm really hoping for all girls they are so fun and each one so different all the hens are hatchery stock

Legbar over EE is developing a light salmon breast had eye liner and striping as a chick no headspot and has stippling in wing feathers like a female.
here is the mama and papa

Legbar over Buff Orp no headspot here but a chocolate brown chick with barring

Legbar over Jersey Giant this one was black with a headspot so not sure what that means for sex but the barring is coming in on the black feathers.

Mutts sometimes make some of the best chickens

Thank you for critiquing my boys. I did go out and band the one as a keeper. Going on everything that you said, i looked around at my boys and realized that most of their wings point down. This boy though did stand out to me. I hadn't really considered him before because i was just looking for the strongest barring at first. Please tell me what you think of him. I took the best pictures that i could but he wouldn't stand still to let me. He is a Reese line boy.

Thank you for critiquing my boys. I did go out and band the one as a keeper. Going on everything that you said, i looked around at my boys and realized that most of their wings point down. This boy though did stand out to me. I hadn't really considered him before because i was just looking for the strongest barring at first. Please tell me what you think of him. I took the best pictures that i could but he wouldn't stand still to let me. He is a Reese line boy.

Aurora He is a little young but depending on what the chestnut in the hackles does, I like him. I would make him a back up breeder for sure. ( depending on what else you have)

Here's my new guy. He had one very long white feather on the tail until last night. When we were trying to catch him to put him in the coop, DD accidentally ripped it out. He is suppose to be from Jill Rees line. What are your opinions on him?

Here's my new guy. He had one very long white feather on the tail until last night. When we were trying to catch him to put him in the coop, DD accidentally ripped it out. He is suppose to be from Jill Rees line. What are your opinions on him?

He would not be a choice I would keep.

I know he is young, but the barring to me is not crisp enough, the toes seems to be crooked, but that could be camera angle. The tail has too much squirrel in it for me. I only see 5 points on the comb which has a lot of flop in it, ear lobes are not white. on the good side the body seems long.

This is just my opinion and worth what you paid for it...

I think he will be fine. He has good tail angles, a full breast, strong wings, etc.

He would not be a choice I would keep.

I know he is young, but the barring to me is not crisp enough, the toes seems to be crooked, but that could be camera angle. The tail has too much squirrel in it for me.  I only see 5 points on the comb which has a lot of flop in it, ear lobes are not white. on the good side the body seems long.

This is just my opinion and worth what you paid for it...

Thank you! His comb does have a huge flop! It has 7 points, if I counted right and doesn't appear to have crooked toes. His barring is not defined and I am worried about that. When you refer to a squirrelly tail, what do you mean & how should it be?

Here is a pic of my previous CCL. He was taken out by the raccoons. His comb got frost bit badly before I bought him. His coloring was much different though. He was from the Greenfire Farm lines. I should add that this pic was taken with a cheap telephone camera.

Last edited:
Squirrel tail is a tail that is angled 90 degrees or greater from the back. There are very few breeds where squirrel tail is desirable, the most common breed example is Japanese Bantams. There is a Japanese Bantam thread showing lots of these tails, a very cute bird.

Last edited:
Here is a pic of my previous CCL. He was taken out by the raccoons. His comb got frost bit badly before I bought him. His coloring was much different though. He was from the Greenfire Farm lines. I should add that this pic was taken with a cheap telephone camera.
to my novice Legbar eye he does not look at all like a Cream legbar. I don't think his comb was frost bit off I think that is what he has and his color and overall look is not Legbar

Back
Top Bottom