Cream Legbars

It is not normal, and I have not seen that in any of mine (4 years). There may be some good articles regarding gender shifts in chickens, although I don't have the references at hand. Does she still lay?
btw - what color are her legs? The top photo appears white?

That's weird. It's only my legbars that have spurs too. They are both still laying blue eggs.

The one with the big crest has white legs, and the one with the smaller crest has yellow legs.

Last edited:
That's weird. It's only my legbars that have spurs too. They are both still laying blue eggs.

The one with the big crest has white legs, and the one with the smaller crest has yellow legs.

Could you post pictures of these? Where did you get them?

Is (and please do not be offended) a chance they are not "pure" maybe a sneaky rooster snuck into the coop one night.....

Ralphie, what size comb would you consider this? Saw you talking about it on the breeding to the standard thread, but didn't wish to interrupt as that thread is for breeders.

Just curious....

I would say small. But you know the SOP's lots of room to wiggle on almost anything.

I would also say crooked and folding.....
lau.gif

Love the earlobes! So white and crisp.

Last edited:
Could you post pictures of these? Where did you get them?

Is (and please do not be offended) a chance they are not "pure" maybe a sneaky rooster snuck into the coop one night.....

Haha no worries, I love them either way. I got them plus a barnevelder from a friend who couldn't look after them anymore, so I honestly have no idea how pure they are, although I have noticed they have a lot less barring than others I've seen. Here are some images that I have on my phone but I could take some more when it's light tomorrow if you want

Last edited:
Haha no worries, I love them either way. I got them plus a barnevelder from a friend who couldn't look after them anymore, so I honestly have no idea how pure they are, although I have noticed they have a lot less barring than others I've seen. Here are some images that I have on my phone but I could take some more when it's light tomorrow if you want

There is no way to tell by the pictures, they sure look like Legbars. I hate the word "pure" in chickens it can mean so many things and it is not like dogs, cat or cows where you have pedigrees.

I like the way they look. The comb is closer to the SOp than mine are, but I would worry about extreme frost bite on that size comb here...

Nice birds.

I agree. Good looking ladies. Like I said, my flock occasionally has spurs crop up. I personally don't think spurs are evidence of outcrossing.

Back
Top Bottom