Cream Legbars

Ok I have a question for everyone hatching CLB'S. so far I have hatched around 30 eggs over a couple of months. I have hatched only about 7 boys out of those 30. Has anyone else getting high pullet numbers when hatching?
I looked, and look, and looked for an explination after getting 2 pullets for every cockerel on my first 7-8 hatches. I was sure that there was something being triggered either by the fact that I had a high cockerel to pullet ratio, the age of the birds, the time of year, the weathers, etc. It wasn't untill my 3 hatch that I finally got a cockerel from one of my hens. The Old Timers said that there are pullet years and there are cockerel years but that they have never been able to proove any corrolations in the environment or birds to know if it was going to be a pullet year or cockerel year. I should have stopped while I was ahead because after my first 7-8 hatches I got 6 out 9 that were cockerels then 5 out of 6 that were cockerels. :) This year we have not hatched CLB every 10 days like we did for 3-4 month last year when we were expanding flocks, but the three hatches that we did do were all 50/50 cockerels to pullets. The feed back I have got on sold hatching eggs has still been 2/3 pullets 1/3 cockerels with one hatch reporting 100% pullets and one reporting 100% cockerels.

Last edited:
Again, I am so sorry for your devastating loss ChicKat! Grace and her beautiful miracle babies will be remembered
hit.gif
Equally saddened, I haven't been on-line here for several days. Racoons are so nasty in terms of chickens. Hope you are doing OK.

Ok I have a question for everyone hatching CLB'S. so far I have hatched around 30 eggs over a couple of months. I have hatched only about 7 boys out of those 30. Has anyone else getting high pullet numbers when hatching?
You have the magic on your side....23 pullets and 7 cockerels? I bet the hatcheries would like those odds for themselves. Congratulations.

Back
Top Bottom