Cream Legbars

so far so good. my fingers will stay crossed for a cpl more months. He is the oldest of my babies at 5 weeks old. My original roosters have high tails and this lil guys has a nice perfect tail angle when he decides to show it. The reason im keeping my fingers crossed is i hate to see a fixed tail and think im moving forward in my next generation just to have something else go wrong.

I have a red pyle EE The dad was amazing, Perfect some would say for a red pyle Ameraucana Except he had yellow legs. I breed him to some red pyle pullets and got a son from him once again Perfect for red pyle Ameraucana now with nice slate legs, Except his comb popped up mixed . Its very deflating to move forward just to have another trait go backwards.

I really hope everyone makes the strides forward this year we are all looking for in improving our birds. .
That is such a vexing thing--two steps forward and one back. The nice thing about chickens is that the interval between generations is pretty short so its easier to get change in a relatively short period of time (vs species like horses where you have to wait years before you know if the animal is worth breeding). It seems to my eye like high tails are the most common flaw I've seen on all of the pictures posted. Maybe its just more obvious on the photos than eye color or the ears or back length--that sort of thing.

I like that little guy very much--you'll have to keep us posted with photos as he grows out. Is he from pen A or B? BTW, your 2 little girls are growing like crazy. It seems to me that the angle of their little tail stub that are just coming in may be a little high. I used to be oblivious that sort of thing but now that I am aware of the breed standard, its hard to not look for every detail. They are lovely and charming chicks, though!

Pictures of my crew:

Three roos are 3.5 weeks old. I got them from Yoie in Easten, MD who got her hatching eggs from Madamwlf in Mt Airy, MD. They are GF A&C line descendents.

Roo #1

Roo #1

Roo #2

Roo #2

Roo #2

Roo #3

Roo #3

These two pullets were obtained from hatching eggs from Shallowbrook Farm, Shelby, NC. They are 4.5 weeks old.
Pullet #1

Pullet #1

Pullet #2

Pullet #2

While they are still really young, in better light, the pullets are showing nice cream on the breast. Cannot discern colors too well yet on hackles. Your thoughts?

I also placed 5 hatching eggs in lockdown last night. All appear to be developing well (
fl.gif
). I got these from Yoie when I picked up my roos.

I have to admit, I'm having picture envy too, Steen.
Everything looks so clean and neat, the hens look like the accommodations were of their choosing, and the blue egg is fake right? =)

Back
Top Bottom