Cream Legbars

I would like some advice regarding this young pullet's crest. She seems to have a rather large crest compared to her sisters. But she also has a very nice cream color. Will her chicks inherit this larger crest? I would like to put her in the breeding pen to continue the cream.

I would like some advice regarding this young pullet's crest. She seems to have a rather large crest compared to her sisters. But she also has a very nice cream color. Will her chicks inherit this larger crest? I would like to put her in the breeding pen to continue the cream.
Breed her with a small crested rooster and she'll be fine. I find type and colour more important than crest size. Although I do prefer smaller crests because they tend to allow for straighter combs on the roosters.

I have my first cream legbars. They seem to be extremely "gentle" on the vegetation. The seven pullets are in a 20 X 20 run planted in crimson clover. They have been there for three months and there has been little wear and tear on the plants. They delicately graze about. With any other breed that I have had the clover would by now be nonexistent. Comments?

I have my first cream legbars. They seem to be extremely "gentle" on the vegetation. The seven pullets are in a 20 X 20 run planted in crimson clover. They have been there for three months and there has been little wear and tear on the plants. They delicately graze about. With any other breed that I have had the clover would by now be nonexistent. Comments?
Welcome to Cream Legbars and the threads!
frow.gif

Pullets are very young? they don't prefer the taste of crimson clover? they really are 'easy keepers' -- in that they don't eat a lot?
hu.gif

Thank you. They are young, but so much easier on the vegetation. They eat the clover, but no scratching up and destroying. So very different from other breeds I have kept. Quite enjoyable. And they do like their swing!

Is it Luna? Isn't she pretty!

Back
Top Bottom