Cream Legbars

I don't know based on this pick if those roos will be cream or gold. They haven't developed their hackles or saddle feathers yet. So I think silver at this point is a very appropriate term. And because the birds I prefer, those with little to no copper showing through, are offer refered to as silver, that was my word of choice.
This sound like a black sock/blue sock conversation.

Last edited:
I don't know based on this pick if those roos will be cream or gold. They haven't developed their hackles or saddle feathers yet. So I think silver at this point is a very appropriate term. And because the birds I prefer, those with little to no copper showing through, are offer refered to as silver, that was my word of choice.
I appreciate your comments especially as they relate to the feathering stage and unknown developments.

Since the use of the term "silver" can be misconstrued as a genetic characteristic, I wonder if there is a way we can refer to the lighter colors that would help to reinforce the concept of "cream" and not muddy-up the conversation? Especially as "cream" is a critical element of the breed identity.

I appreciate your comments especially as they relate to the feathering stage and unknown developments.

Since the use of the term "silver" can be misconstrued as a genetic characteristic, I wonder if there is a way we can refer to the lighter colors that would help to reinforce the concept of "cream" and not muddy-up the conversation?  Especially as "cream" is a critical element of the breed identity.

I think that would be very helpful, especially when referring to these younger, underdeveloped roos.

Last edited:

This cockerel has the biggest crest. The comb started out in the center but has since veered off course. Perhaps it will right itself given time! There is still crest on both sides of the comb
1f603.png

I found this in the incubator . No skull . Legbar mix . I doubt it will live exposed like that . Vaulted skulls often have very little bone at first . First time I have had this happen .

Back
Top Bottom