Cream Legbars

Pic please of both the white birds and their eggs of perfect shade! I've been reading many who are disappointed in their green tinted eggs.

If go back a few posts you will see some pictures of the whites. I happen to really like them. I have some pictures I just took tonight of a couple of young roosters. They have decent combs and crests. But they are young and that could change. I am finding on my white cockerels/roosters getting a decent comb and crest is hard to do. I either get crooked floppy combs or no crest. I will get it perfected but it may take a few generations.

I will try to take a picture of their cute eggs in the next few days. I have mixed them in the basket so there is no way to tell if I pulled a Cream, Crele or White legbar egg. I am extremely happy with the blue on my legbar eggs.

I have a picture on here of one I posted a month or so ago, I will throw it up for you...

The pictures are dark, but I left them that way to try and get the most realistic color I could. The outside eggs are from a cross I made of Partridge Chanticler over CLB'. Blue EE crosses. The eggs from them are huge and that duck green.

The middle one is from a CLB.

For the record I will only hatch the bluest eggs for my own flock replacements.

Last edited:
If go back a few posts you will see some pictures of the whites. I happen to really like them. I have some pictures I just took tonight of a couple of young roosters. They have decent combs and crests. But they are young and that could change. I am finding on my white cockerels/roosters getting a decent comb and crest is hard to do. I either get crooked floppy combs or no crest. I will get it perfected but it may take a few generations.

I will try to take a picture of their cute eggs in the next few days. I have mixed them in the basket so there is no way to tell if I pulled a Cream, Crele or White legbar egg. I am extremely happy with the blue on my legbar eggs.

I have a picture on here of one I posted a month or so ago, I will throw it up for you...

The pictures are dark, but I left them that way to try and get the most realistic color I could. The outside eggs are from a cross I made of Partridge Chanticler over CLB'. Blue EE crosses. The eggs from them are huge and that duck green.

The middle one is from a CLB.

For the record I will only hatch the bluest eggs for my own flock replacements.

Most excellent!

That sounds great, I will have to see what I can do..

Can I suggest the cream legbar club remove sport and just call them white legbars? You know my reasons.

Also could you post a picture of what you think a Golden Crele looks like, I think I might have some of them, not that I wanted them, they just appeared. LOL

Here's some of my early Legbars which fit the Golden Crele variety.

This old guy ( he was lucky to survive a coyote attack 3 years ago, and his tail feathers grew back, thankful for a great veterinarian...).

"Cinnamon" the hen in the middle of the pic.

The gold hen at the bottom right corner, although her crest is almost too dark...

and just because we both like the very sporty White Legbars, here's Celeste.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
Thanks for the pictures of the eggs. I only have a male. So i dont get to see eggs from them.
I got my male to breed yo some blavk cooper marans hens to.i know i could have used one of my ameruacana, but i fid want them to be part of thst line.
And i alway hear the legbar comes from a blue egg. And the male legbar i got bigger that my ameruacana stanferds. And thats what i want a biger chicken laiding olive eggs. . But after haveing this rooster now i want the breed. So i order eggs out Green frams line.i usely hatch eggs this time of the year gor my self
And the rest of the summer for other poelpe..
I am excited about getting my eggs. And its going to be hard not playing the peekaboo eith the ehgs.
But i know now to. Buts going to be hard.

Here's the cockerel that I submitted so far for the online show. Is there a limit?

Sooo I was reading this thread to see if I could learn something about Legbars cuz I know nothing about them except that they are chickens and lay eggs
gig.gif
What color what mine be considered? I got them from a great breeder! lol

Congrats on your new bird! You will love Cream Legbars. You bird is considered a Gold Legbar. But as I understand it , her crest may be too dark to make her a Golden Crele Legbar. I'll let the more knowledgeable ones on that variety chime in on that. Now all she needs are some friends :)

Back
Top Bottom