Created recipe in a dream

exop

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 10, 2009
NW Indiana
I had an odd dream recently in which I helped my parents with their special dessert recipe and took it to a potluck supper. In the dream, this was a specialty of theirs and was what they always took to potlucks. Odd because the two main ingredients - Kool Whip and mixed berry flavored yoghurt - are something I never cook with. NB. This is not a real family recipe, but a puzzling product of my subconscious.

Step 1. Spread about 3/4 inch layer of whipped topping on the walls of a souffle dish. Have on hand a large number of ladyfingers (sticks of sponge cake). Line the walls of the souffle dish with ladyfingers, by squishing them into the Kool Whip.

Step 2. Stir mixed berry yoghurt so it is smooth. Fold it together with Kool Whip, about 1 to 1 ratio of yoghurt to Kool Whip, or maybe you will need more Kool Whip. The end result should be very fluffy but still taste like berries and look a little purple. Gently fold in plenty of whole blueberries, blackberries and raspberries.

Step 3. Fill the souffle dish with alternating layers of ladyfingers and berry fluff.

Step 4. Sometime later, serve from the souffle dish.

I don't know, does this sound to you like it would work? In my dream it all stuck together pretty well and was wildly popular at potluck suppers.

Last edited:
YUM !!! Sounds really great !

It sounds to me like it would work to me as long as you freeze until almost ready to serve.

You should try it and let us know ,Oh and dont forget the pics
big_smile.png

It was a pretty weird dream... when we eventually got to the potluck, one of the other dishes was a fruit salad made of cut up oranges with some raisins, sprinkled with rum and spread out in a single layer in a big lasagna pan. Little blond girls were standing around the dish, picking up small portions with their fingertips and carefully throwing them back in. The way the handfuls of cut fruit landed made complicated patterns like a kaleidoscope. Meanwhile, the girls sang a sort of breathy nursery rhyme about fruit salad in tuneless, shy little kid voices. They were having fun watching the pieces of fruit land. It was an important task, somehow essential in the presentation of the salad.

Back
Top Bottom