Creating Candy Corn? :)

HMulvey227

Chirping
Jan 12, 2021
I see Candy Corn Polish from Tolbunt and Crele polish, but would I be able to mimic that in another breed of chicken? If so how would one do that? Is Tolbunt technically mottled? Thanks šŸ˜Š

Candy corn is barred gold laced, so you should be able to create it in another breed. You would cross barred to gold laced and then keep crossing the barred offspring back to gold laced. Once the laced pattern was set, breeding them together would get some double barred males.
Tolbunt is mottled gold laced.
Thank you so much šŸ˜ I appreciate the reply!

I know this is a post from a long time ago and his is just an FYI... I am trying to just clear up some miss information. I wish you all the best.

There seems to be a lot of confussion with the words tolbunt, candy corn and crele polish and that they are the same thing but they are not. Tolbunt polish chickens are a totally different type of polish than Crele Polish. People though do refer to both of them as candy corn.

Crele polish you start with the breeding of Golden Lace Polish and Cuckoo Polish. Here is a video on crele polish/candy corn.

I know this is a post from a long time ago and his is just an FYI... I am trying to just clear up some miss information. I wish you all the best.

There seems to be a lot of confussion with the words tolbunt, candy corn and crele polish and that they are the same thing but they are not. Tolbunt polish chickens are a totally different type of polish than Crele Polish. People though do refer to both of them as candy corn.

Crele polish you start with the breeding of Golden Lace Polish and Cuckoo Polish. Here is a video on crele polish/candy corn.

Thankyou for this reply .
So to create candy corn, you start by matching gold laced to cuckoo,correct?

I know this is a couple years old but THANK YOU TRULY! I REALLY ENJOYED the video I'm knew to all of this and it really help me.

Just got this guy a couple days ago with a hen. Whatā€™s yā€™allā€™s opinion on his coloring? I see candy corn but what color hen should go with him?, Iā€™m thinking of putting golden lace with him? Any and all advice is appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_2189.jpeg
    IMG_2189.jpeg
    561.4 KB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom