Creating Goose Garden

Fox Glove is Digitalis which is something to do with the heart, When we got ducks 10 yrs ago I went around and pulled up all my fox glove and gave it away because i had heard it wasn't good for poultry. So sorry for your loss. There are other plants that I loved I had to get rid of too, but I didn't want to find my ducks dead from nibbling so they had to go.

I think Digitalis is a heart stimulant but would have to look it up to be sure.

Last edited:
Fox Glove is Digitalis which is something to do with the heart, When we got ducks 10 yrs ago I went around and pulled up all my fox glove and gave it away because i had heard it wasn't good for poultry. So sorry for your loss. There are other plants that I loved I had to get rid of too, but I didn't want to find my ducks dead from nibbling so they had to go.

I think Digitalis is a heart stimulant but would have to look it up to be sure.
It´s used for treatment of a heart condition, but too much, and a person can kill himself.

Yes they are beautiful. But after some more thought, We believe it to be she fell to hypothermia. They were playing in their pool, and then out in the yard when it started to rain, Out here in the great North West, when it rains the temp drops and I think with being wet already, she got to cold. wishing heard lessons weren't so hard to learn. Wont happen again by golly. But thank you for your words

I have always loved gardening. I added the chickens, geese, and ducks hoping to integrate gardening and them. Nope, can't happen. The geese ate every single marigold I had, squashed a bunch of flower bushes, started stripping my roses bare and nearly killed my parsley, and cilantro. The chickens ate every strawberry on my plants, then the geese pulled a few up and ate them roots and all. The raspberries and blackberry plants got attacked too. The chickens also killed my lavender, nasturtium, and cornflower. So I put a fence up around anything I didn't want killed or squashed. I replanted most of what they killed off and give them small amounts each day. I also have a large garden, that was fenced off from the start, that is growing corn, squash, watermelon, cantaloupe, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, beets, carrots, kale, spinach, cucumber, jalapenos, bell peppers, and onions. I plan on sharing the harvest with my flock, but for now it is a bird free zone. They would eat everything they liked down to the roots! Lol, it's a good thing I adore my geese after all the damage done to my beloved garden. They taught me a valuable lesson.

I do have wisteria, lantana, and Texas mountain laurel in my yard. None of the birds bothers them. They do snuggle under them for shade or to hide when something scares them. But none have ever nibbled at them. I do cut off the seed pods and throw them away to be safe though.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom