Creative Coop Names

Pics
Our new coop name is "The Breakfast Club".

Our new combined coop/hutch will be finished in the next couple weeks...we've been trying to think up original names for the 6X8 coop, attached 6X8 lean to rabbit hutch, and the 8X32ish double run (half at a time is opened to control pasturing). After hours of foraging through threads and thinking of our lives I finally came up with the winner! My DH has been driving truck for 27 years...the weigh stations on the highway are called "chicken coops". LOL So, we decided to play on words from his occupation (Did I mention I'm a teacher?LOL) .

The coop's name - The Scale House
The run's name - The Eggs-pressway
The Rabbit Hutch - The Jump Seat (another word for the passenger seat)

The whole thing may be called "Thumper-Clucked Industries"! LOL

The irony of this is that these units all run in a straight line which makes them about 43 foot long...almost as long as a semi trailer!

Cheesy, I know...but it works for us. LOL

Last edited:
I've only been owned by birds for a couple weeks now, but I am already planning a second (larger) coop/run! My first flock of five is a mix of Laced Wyandotte & some kind of Ameracauna (fluffy cheek Easter Egg muttling?), I love the personality & intelligence of the two Ameracauna "type"... thinking I really want to get &/or hatch Americauna for flock expansion and replenishing our layers as they age...

I've only named one bird so far... her name is George, as in "I want to hold her, and love her, and hug her, and squeeze her, and name her... yep. That's as far as I got.

Coop name(s):
I considered Fort Wyandotte (it's secure & Wyandotte happens to be the name of a road nearby, as well as the breed of the current majority of our hens)
and
God Bless Ameracaunas for the broody coop/run

Although the flashing Eat at Joes style night lights might overpower all other options ;)

Maybe there is an even better "pet" egg-er breed I should try??? Suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom