Crele Bantam Cochin Project

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by PhoenixFeatherFarms, Oct 11, 2010.

1. PhoenixFeatherFarms

PhoenixFeatherFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Mooresville, IN
    Ok so I cant find a thread for just the Crele project in Bantam Cochins so thought I would start one [​IMG]

Here is my Crele project cockerel. I have two pullets I still need to get pics of but here he is for now [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

His Back

[​IMG]

An Upper Back Feather

[​IMG]

So who else is working on this and what are yours looking like?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
    The Angry Hen and xyresicchick like this.
  2. Coopa Cabana

Coopa Cabana My Coop Runneth Over . . .

Aug 30, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
    Very pretty!!![​IMG]
    Obviously, this has been a lot of work. Can you tell use more about your project: Is he an F1? What breed/color variety were his sire & dam? If not F1, what generation is he, and how old is he? Can't wait to see pics of the girls!

3. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Beautiful! I would love some of those!

The Angry Hen likes this.
  4. ninjascrub69

ninjascrub69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2010
    Bloomingdale, MI
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] what colors / breeds did you use? or is it a secret [​IMG]

Edited for grammar

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  5. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    I love that

6. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Looks great so far [​IMG]

7. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Wow, he is beautiful! [​IMG] Thanks for sharing your project with us. Can't wait to see the pullets.

8. JenEric Farms

JenEric Farms GOOGLE GENIUS

Oct 31, 2007
    Maine
    I would LOVE to know what you used to create this pattern!

9. WA4-Hpoultrymom

WA4-Hpoultrymom Never enough coops...

Feb 5, 2009
    Monroe, WA
    My Coop
    He is just STUNNING!!! [​IMG]

10. PhoenixFeatherFarms

PhoenixFeatherFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Mooresville, IN
    Ok so the wind was going here so her feathers are all fluffed up and wild and they were taken with my phone's camera.. lol but heres one on the Pullets...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

WA4-Hpoultrymom, hinkjc, usschicago1, danielle82, and Mary Of Exeter thanks for you kind words about my boy [​IMG]

JenEric Farms, ninjascrub69, and Coopa Cabana [​IMG] Its a secret at the moment.. I want to see if they breed true.

Coopa Cabana ~ He is a f1 and is about 6months old now. The pullets are about 4-5months old and I can not take the credit for these that I have as I bought them a few months ago and I know how they were started and it was an eh she doesnt have a mate lets put her in here that created them. The person I got them from is not carring on with breeding them as like I said at the time he just didnt have anywhere to put the hen so I have taken on these guys to continue the color. I love Crele and LOVE the way it looks on the bantam cochins. My hopes right now are to get cleaned black barred markings on the cockerels chest as it looks like he has some gold laced feathers but I assure you there is no Golden Laced in this mix [​IMG] Im also trying to get a touch more coloring in the pullets around the head and hackles and not so much on the chest.. I will share with everyone where they started from when I see how the next few generations turn out. Till then Im going to have to keep everyone guessing [​IMG] I can say they are pure cochin and no outside breeds were brought in to make this guy (and girls) [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by