Crele Penedesenca pullets

SteepedInSarcasm

Chirping
Mar 23, 2021
I'm at the point with my flock of crele penedesenca pullets that I am going to thin them down. I'm going to be picking 6 out of 15 to take to a swap, and I want to look for a cockerel to put over most of the girls I keep. (A few are going in with a CCL cockerel for an autosexing olive egger project)
My girls are all pretty consistent in build, coloring, and leg color, but some girls have larger combs that have flopped over to the side. Would this be considered a fault for this breed? (Frankly I like the floppy comb but for my pure pen I want to stay as close to the standard as possible)
TIA!
(On a side note, they are my son's favorite chickens and not nearly as flighty as I expected them to be! Picture of some of the girls for tax 😬)

Attachments

• 20210913_104354.jpg
    20210913_104354.jpg
    945.7 KB · Views: 63
We leave in the morning. I just caught a few of each to take, and am keeping a few of each. But I'll be back after we get back and maybe I can get solo pics of the hens I kept to decide which girls go in with the cream legbar roo and which girls go in with the crele rooster. If I can find one at least. 😁 Thanks for the responses so far!

Sorry for the delay. Hens' combs are supposed to flop over to one side as are every other Mediterranean breed hen I've raised. However, the hens' comb should be like that of the rooster other than smaller and with the flop over.

This is from the standards I translated:
Rooster Morphology
COMB: Simple, mildly large, upright, well sitting on the head, flat, with five or six plain short peaks, with the last and the first smaller than the central ones. The rear spur, with an arched base has a tendency to go toward the back of the neck without touching it and with appendixes to each side of the posterior. The comb, viewed from behind, must resemble a flower.

We leave in the morning. I just caught a few of each to take, and am keeping a few of each. But I'll be back after we get back and maybe I can get solo pics of the hens I kept to decide which girls go in with the cream legbar roo and which girls go in with the crele rooster. If I can find one at least. 😁 Thanks for the responses so far!
Would you mind sharing pictures of them chocolates they lay for eggs?

Update! So my trip went nowhere near according to plan (lol of course not) so I still have all my girls. Thank you @ChickenCanoe for your response! I'm trading one hen to a friend for a CCL hen, but all the rest of the girls will just stay. I'll put my small comb ladies under the CCL roo for my sex linking olive egger project, and hopefully find a crele roo for my more correct ladies. (All the appendages crossed!) I will also try to get individual photos of the more correct ladies soon(ish) that I will add here.
@nicalandia I will also work on getting some egg photos 😁 My girls were hatched in the spring, so they aren't super consistent yet (although I SHOULD have taken pictures of the 17 eggs I had to climb into the barn rafters to get! 😂😭🤦‍♀️)

Back
Top Bottom