Crest Protection?

WallyBirdie

Crowing
Aug 2, 2019
Sorry if this is the wrong forum.
But my Polish bird has a target on her crest! The other birds are too fascinated by it and won't leave it alone.
I'd like to make some sort of hat or crest protector- something to cover it for a while.
Any ideas how to do this?
Is there something similar already out there?

Totally dated myself... a 90s hair clip.
81ykx2Bv+uL._SX355_.jpg

A claw clip... they make them in pretty little. You'll still need to hide it from the others but its worth a try. You get even find them at dollar stores.

Like a hair net for hens? That would be wonderful!
Thank you!
yes I do! All you need is a piece of that netting like fabric (I’m drawing a blank here, but you can get whatever color you want at Walmart) a hair tie that fits snugly around the base of the birds crest, and a hot glue gun. All you do is cut out a square large enough to cover the entire crest, and roll the edges of the material around the hair tie and glue it, then turn it inside out. I’ll have to post a picture, but I don’t have on on those device.

One thing I haven't seen discussed is feed.
I would like to know what makes up the chicken's entire diet. What is the protein percentage of the main feed? What other treats and supplements have been added to the diet and what percentage of total intake do they make up?

Yes worth knowing.

When I had my Polish they were on chick starter in with only other young (same age) chicks also on starter. I believe it was 20% protein. I was giving zero treats to that group.

Back
Top Bottom