red black yellow legs
chicksat1month035.jpg

black gold black legs
chicksat1month036.jpg

buff yellow legs
chicksat1month037.jpg

black and white houdan ? yellow legs five toes
chicksat1month040.jpg

these two are actually three month old bantam roosters but anyone wanna gimie an idea on them ..? at least what there color would be called ?

aron
chicksat1month029.jpg

ty
chicksat1month031.jpg

Last edited:
You are dead on about the Houdan. Absolutely correct.

The others looks like Polishes (since 4-toes, non-feathered feet), black, some sort of buff, gold-laced, buff-laced.

The others look like they might be gamefowl, like Old English Game. That color pattern is called "Crele" (sometimes called "Creole"). Crele is a common color in Games.

They are all beautiful chickens!
D.gif

so polish leg color can differ on body color .?? i know my two blws are black legged ..and before i had the whites and white crested blacks .. and was thinkin they all had black legs ... ?? =/ or i would have asumed they all were the polish except the houdan .. with its five toes lol ..
and the mini .. is there black crested blacks ?? im thinkin hell be a banty .. hes tiny com[ared to the others .. ?

Your Polish are Black, Gold Laced, and "Red crested Red." No Buff Laced in there.

The bantams are not actually Creles, but instead crosses of Crele and something else. A true Crele is a barred duckwing, those birds have Columbian in them.
smile.png

I'm thinking your black one could be a Crevecoeur bantam. Most large fowl/standard breeds of chickens have bantam counterparts. Many hatcheries are starting to breed some funky Polish colors so there's no telling what you'll get as far as leg color, etc. I have a hen I was given that came from a hatchery but looks like a cull from a tolbunt project. She's mostly red with a little bit of black lacing here and there along with a couple of feathers that have white dots on the ends and black "v"s right above them. So, number 2 and number 4 could end up like that. The third one is a gold laced. The other is definitely a mottled Houdan. The OEGBs look like hatchery quality creles.

ETA: Sorry that should have said "I have a Polish hen I was given that came from a hatchery but looks like a cull from a tolbunt project."

Last edited:
i was thinkin crevcouer on the first one myself ... half because mcmurrays polish bantams are only black white crested ... so this one being solid black .. and that being the crevcouer color ..
smile.png
thats what im goin with
smile.png
thanks for the help on these guys everyone

Back
Top Bottom