Crested Ducks

Kitty86

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 12, 2013
I am raising Crested Ducks and i am wondering how many Drakes to hens should i keep.. As when i started breeding them I only had 2 hens and 1 drake and he would breed them all.. Well now i have 5 hens and 1 drake but know i only ever see him breed 1 hen.. thanx for the help

Normally people are recommended to have at least 3-4 hens to drakes, so I would think that he would be able to cover 5 without a problem. Maybe someone else will be able to help more!

guess not lol.. but yeah hes still only breeding this one duck :/ i dunno what his deal is this year

i have some that cover 5 hens with 100% fertile, now keep in mind in hatchery they go alot higher like 1 male to every 10 or more, i have 2 males with 5 rouens, and some times i think that is to much so i'm hatching more eggs for some more females. i like to get 1 to 4 ratio is my goal, just my input.

i think my drake is just weird.. hes an agressive breeder but i only catch him breeding the one poor female.. She trys to run away from him :/ hes not like that with the others.. he probably breeds this one lil female 6 times a day

I had her separated for 2 weeks! and nope.. I am thinking it might be time to take him to the sale i guess. lol hes about 4 years old.

Back
Top Bottom