crested runner ducks from ideal

Crested ducks are crested because of a skull defect. Yeah they look cool but they carry a lethal gene. If a crested duck breeds with another crested duck and you try to hatch the eggs, you get a lot of ducklings that die in the egg or that hatch with horrible deformities.

Regular runners are cute enough with the whole crested issue.

My website is not up at this time but I did get a few fawn/wht Runners from Ideal and one was crested.

She has 2 cute pom poms on her head and now that she has grown up they have merged enough to form a really nice hair do so we call her "Cimado" like in "see my hairdo". She is a hoot but she is not a quality Runner and will never be bred.

I suggest if you want to breed Runners to get some from a quality hatchery or breeder. There really is no comparison between the ones I have from metzer and the ones from Ideal. The ones from Metzer actually stand upright whereas the ones from Ideal are just an average looking duck being called a Runner. Good pets but not for breeding purposes.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

yes i know the difference between metzer and ideal have bought from both. i am not a newbie. i do not show or care about showing. these are farm ducks . i want for pets and breeder pets.
hello where are the pics of crested runners ?

I wish people and breeders would not raise crested birds. They are cute, but that is it. They are known for neurological problem like seizures etc. Not to mention the deadly gene combo when two of them breed with each other. Many breeders stepped away from crested birds just because of these issues. I hope you will perhaps look into some other duck breed. There so many to look at and they are cute and pretty as well.

Back
Top Bottom