Crevecoeur bottom feathers

Crevecoeur are like the Polish! :love
I still itching for Fayoumis though.
We originally had three Polish (two in our order, one was the "free chick"), but they were almost pecked to death in a matter of an hour by the other chicks in the same order. đź’” Everything was great for a month and then suddenly it was blood lust. Separating them didn't help, so they had to be rehomed to another family with Mareks in their flock. Crevecoeurs seem less prone to bullying, despite their fancy good looks.

I know I really hate on Fayoumis on this forum, but I secretly love our surviving pullet. There's something about her mean little face, independence, beautiful feathering, and wanderlust that's pretty great. The sheer volume of her screams and resistance to Mareks are bonuses. I say go for it with the EFs! If they are too bonkers, you could always rehome them.

We originally had three Polish (two in our order, one was the "free chick"), but they were almost pecked to death in a matter of an hour by the other chicks in the same order. đź’” Everything was great for a month and then suddenly it was blood lust. Separating them didn't help, so they had to be rehomed to another family with Mareks in their flock. Crevecoeurs seem less prone to bullying, despite their fancy good looks.

I know I really hate on Fayoumis on this forum, but I secretly love our surviving pullet. There's something about her mean little face, independence, beautiful feathering, and wanderlust that's pretty great. The sheer volume of her screams and resistance to Mareks are bonuses. I say go for it with the EFs! If they are too bonkers, you could always rehome them.
I think someday I’ll go for the Fayoumi along with Sicilian Buttercups. :p

Back
Top Bottom