***Crevecoeur Thread***

Pics
I read though most of this thread. Thanks to everyone for posting pics on these beautiful birds. I grew up near the St. Louis area and Creve Coeur Mo. I always thought it was a cool name for a city.

Sorry! I fell asleep! I love mine. I'm giving them to SouthernChickens on here.. she has big plans so I think they will be safe. I feel like its one of my children I'm getting rid of :/

Sorry! I fell asleep! I love mine. I'm giving them to SouthernChickens on here.. she has big plans so I think they will be safe. I feel like its one of my children I'm getting rid of :/

I read though most of this thread. Thanks to everyone for posting pics on these beautiful birds. I grew up near the St. Louis area and Creve Coeur Mo. I always thought it was a cool name for a city.
I understand Creve Coeur Mo recently voted to allow backyard chickens
celebrate.gif
Do you have any of these birds?
Sorry! I fell asleep! I love mine. I'm giving them to SouthernChickens on here.. she has big plans so I think they will be safe. I feel like its one of my children I'm getting rid of
hmm.png
Awww, well, I do hope he/she will post here? I can't wait for April to roll around, 'cause I'll be hatching more :D Not from my two but from exop. Unfortunately, unlike her birds, mine will have to sleep in a coop. If you go through this thread, you'll find a picture of hers of all her birds roosting in the trees! It's such a cool picture! LOL

I couldn't do that. I have more predators at night. And I like mine pinned up most of the day. Plus I protect my Sebrights too much. It took a long time to find a buff rooster and nothing will kill it!!

I have predator problems as well. Raccoons, those buggers! And hawks, crows will take out small birds, owls and if they get through the fence, coyotes. What is cute, is... well, I have my two big boys in the house on the weekends because we don't want to disturb our neighbors then, so they hang out with us in the house wearing diapers, and you should see the cat, dog, and birds all laying around on the couch, it's amazing! LOL

And the cat just killed a bunny out front again...... won't touch the birds though! Knows they're family I guess? The birds are too unaware that the cat is a threat (or the dog) so they don't act skittish around them, which keeps the killer instincts at bay with them. Still, we keep a close watch on all of them!

Anyway, so mine also have enclosed runs and hopefully safe coops that nothing can get into
fl.gif

Last edited:
Diapers..
lau.gif
I would love to see my nutty Crevs in the house. I used to have a rooster who refused to sleep in the coop. He liked to sleep perched on the rocking chair on the front porch. Most of my girls choose to sleep in a tree at night. I have plenty of predators. They have been lucky so far.
fl.gif

That's so cool. My neighbors would freak out, LOL, as we live in the 'burbs of Los Angeles, which is actually one humungous 'burb!! LOL Bouillon's diaper actually gets covered by his feathers really well! You can't really tell he is wearing it unless you see it poking out a bit at his bottom, LOL. Charlie is half his size, but they get along famously when they sleep together in the box or hang out all weekend together. Thank goodness this is all working out. I really wanted to keep my boys! Henny Penny is still pecking Bouillon when I put him back in the run in the mornings, but he is now bigger than her, and I keep telling him to smack her! LOL. He is #2 in the pecking order, but should be #1. Henny is not about to give up that position though
gig.gif

Would love to see a pic of your crev roo hanging out with the family furrballs!

Great pics of your birds, btw! Thanks for sharing. I would like to get crevs, but does anyone know how they do in a mixed flock. I know Polish birds are supposed to get picked on horribly and I hate to see anything terribly bullied (outside of the normal "pecking order.")

Back
Top Bottom