***Crevecoeur Thread***

Pics
Oh wow, that's just as sad, or sadder! I'm sorry you couldn't keep them poularde! I bring the boys in every night. They don't go outside until after 9:30AM, and on the weekend, I have them indoors all day so people can have as much quiet as possible on their weekends. I hope that will keep my neighbors happy? So far, my Creves didn't crow often, but now that I only have one, he may feel more assured to crow. This could be a problem. I hope he doesn't change, though.
fl.gif
So actually, the very same thing can very well happen to me :(

I just finished a Polish vs Crevecoeur comparison chart using mostly an old SOP from 1915 and a few notes from he Polish Breeders Club. There are a lot of similarities, but several differences that are not so apparent to the untrained eye. Such as shorter legs in Creves, Crest shape, comb size, eye shape,of course the infamous earlobe color, LOL, as well as the beak color. Hope you find it useful. Please let me know if you find any errors or omissions, especially pertaining to today's SOP. I can't afford the book yet, LOL...

http://www.sweet-obsessions.com/Chickens/CreveVSPolis.pdf

Yeah. Mine make this awful honking sound and come running when they see me. It took me a while to realize they aren't mean, just excited to see me.

lau.gif
OMG, that's so funny!!! Mine also honked! Now I only have one boy and he now crows just like Charlie my bantam Sultan cockerel, whom he hangs with when he's not with his girls (on the weekend and at night they hang out in the house together so they don't wake up the neighbors.... until 9:30 AM. It's like he learned Charlie's signature crow and copies it an octave lower, LOL

So how long have you had Creves? Do you breed? I'm buying some eggs from exop on this forum, in April I hope. I really want more girls
love.gif

Last edited:
I am actually giving them to someonebi met on here. They are local and they want to do breeding with them and a 4-H project with them I think. Mine are in the pen with the polish that I keep and someone contacted me and was interested and so I agreed because of the plans they had for the birds, I think they will be safe. I'm nervous about giving them to someone else

Back
Top Bottom